Thursday, December 18, 2014

How Magic Moons Was Born

Actually, I was writing Scarlett under the working title Oh Moon! Yeah, that's how I wrote it, with an exclamation point. I was thinking about a poem I read in my high school English Lit class. It was sappy of course, but I always liked the title for some reason. And except for the title, I don't recall anything else about the poem, not even the author. Anyway, I thought Oh Moon! would be a good title for my second paranormal novel, which sort of sprang forth from Fairlight. I was loving writing about kick ass witches then thought I should tone it down with another witchy creation. Anyway, while I was writing Oh Moon! I was thinking about another story and started on Fine Lines, an adult contemporary novel. My sister told me the two female leads had almost the same backgrounds with their husbands, and she was correct. No wonder the writing was so easy.
I stopped writing Oh Moon! as a novel and wrapped it up as a novelette. Which kind of became an outline(or something) for my paranormal novel, Scarlett and  the adult contemporary, Fine Lines. I re- named Oh Moon! to Magic Moons and hesitated to publish it, on account of I was afraid someone might read it and say, it was a hybrid of Scarlett and Fine Lines and claim I'm lazy or some other stuff that isn't true. When actually, Scarlett and Fine Lines were born from Oh Moon! which I re-named to Magic Moons. I am about to submit it to amazon tonight and by morning it will go live
So, if you should read Magic Moons and think it seems darn familiar, well, it's because it is- if you read Scarlett or Fine Lines. I hope you will and let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovers These Are For You!