Friday, May 29, 2015

What's Wrong With A Vampire Doing It With A Werewolf?


“Please,” he whispered, holding her waist in his shivering hands. “Take me, Monique.” She put her fangs in his neck hard, holding him around the shoulders. His fingers dug into her hips tearing her skin, his eyes rolled up and he started to tremble. She backed him into the corner of the shower. Pushing against the walls, he growled as she went deeper and began to suck his blood. He howled and grabbed at her body, squeezing her hard as a reaction inside him began to rage.  She pulled back to watch. The muscles in his body quivered, reshaping themselves as bone became like liquid and then gave his body support. It was brutal, and Monique loved it. 


I ask this question only because a reader e mailed me to say she would have enjoyed my novel Scarlett much better if the sex scene with Monique and James was left out. She said they weren't at all sexy, but disgusting to put it mildly. Okay. I asked her was it because James was fully transformed or if the writing was raunchy or just bad. She said she wasn't sure. Okay.
First, let me say, I am not offended or angry with this reader. She was honest and obviously felt the need to let me know how much the sex scene bugged her. I appreciate her feed back as much as anyone else. Second, I love hearing from readers so much that words can't express it. So don't ever think you can't share your reading experience with me(as long as you remember to be polite)!
 While I can't argue with what someone finds distasteful, I do think it was a great scene to express the special nature between these two characters. I have to say, I don't think sex between a fully transformed werewolf and a vampire, who is able to turn herself into a bat creature, exactly goes against the laws of nature. They are both shape shifters.  
If the problem was the writing, I admit my writing style is not gifted with the erotica- but I do what I can here and there to spice things up. Anyway, Monique and James are who and what they are, folks. Sorry if the way they like to get down bothers anyone. I hope you won't let something like that ruin your reading pleasure. Just skip the parts you don't like and keep on readin' baby!

      


1 comment:

  1. Not having read the story but based on the above I see no problem with it. Two supernatural creatures in the throes of passion would most likely lose control just like us normal humans lol. Also if I'm understanding right he's a werewolf which is still a man in wolf form. Not like he's an ACTUAL wolf which would be something else entirely.......

    ReplyDelete

Lovers These Are For You!